Twitch Jelly

Over the past on what is getting close to three years, I have been an avid twitch (stream) watcher. Primarily because I ran out of TV shows to watch, and Youtube got stale. It wasnt until early this year I began to stream, in doing so I noticed things that deeply bother me. Its troubles me that, at least from my perspective; that only highly sociable, pleasant, and kind people get the views and or attention - Including promotions, free gifts, etc.  I want a fair and just streaming community, where even assholes, cynics, and socially awkward people can be treated equally (if that makes sense). Another thing that annoys me is, that if you dont have or choose not to use a webcam, people automatically pass you by. Now, I know hitbox does a better job at highlighting new streamers, so that the view count is fair, and this  is design flaw by twitch. Regardless, some of these issues as mentioned above stem primarily from our culture, and what we consider polite and impolite. I HIGHLY disapprove of the culture re-sensitivity bullshit, and attack on our civil liberties to say what ever we want. (See Collapse of World government Tab). Although, this is just one of my beefs with Streaming, the Internet, and our culture as a whole. I know if a girl is streaming, its instantly 3x more viewers. However, I dont have a problem with that, female streamers will almost always get that kind of attention because people cannot control their primal lust very well - not much can be done for this on my end. In regards to the financial side of streaming, I understand the appeal to make money from donations by playing games - but I just dont approve of people getting "free" money for lounging about. Yes, I know im simplifying it, and I know there is ALOT that goes into maintaining a stream in which it could earn you enough income to be a job. However, I just dont approve of this kind of job. Moreoever, another thing that bothers me, primarily with the big names in Twitch such as Swifty. Is there is a subscriber only chat - Which excludes new potential followers by not letting them voice their opinion and or help the streamer. IMO, If your viewer base is that large, and you have the income build a professional website with your own stream built in. By doing this, not only can you get creative with your moderators, chat settings, and your overall stream. It will also take some stress off twitch, and allow other streamers to have their turn in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment